SOLICTING POSTER CONCEPTS FOR NIPS91

John Pearson W343 x2385 jcp at vaxserv.sarnoff.com
Fri Mar 1 19:34:15 EST 1991

We are looking for good ideas for the NIPS-91 Poster.  We must make a
decision by next Wednesday. Two key motifs that have been incorporated
in past posters are: (1) The synergy between studies of natural and
synthetic neural information processing systems; (2) Mountainous
surroundings at the conference and skiing at the workshop; (3)
natural/synthetic contrasts in general.

One half-baked idea is to take-off from one of Escher's drawings, such
as the "hands drawing hands", or the subtle transmogrification of one
organism into another through a series of intermediates that interlock
to tile a surface.

Here's your chance to express yourself! Send your suggestions to the
NIPS-91 Publicity Chairman. Thanks!

John Pearson
jcp at as1.sarnoff.com
NIPS-91 Publicity Chairman