problems ftping large UCSC tech report fixed (we hope)

David Haussler haussler at saturn.ucsc.edu
Tue Jan 29 20:10:26 EST 1991

Several people had problems printing the tech report

Decision Theoretic Generalizations of the PAC Model
for Neural Net and Other Learning Applications
UCSC-CRL-91-02

which I announced a few days ago. We have now split it into 2 parts
so that it can be printed on most printers.
revised ftp instructions follow:

unix> ftp midgard.ucsc.edu       # (or ftp 128.114.134.15)
Connected ...
Name (...): anonymous
Password: yourname at cs.anyuniversity.edu  (i.e. your email address)
	(Please use your email address so we can correspond with you.)
Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
ftp> cd pub/tr
ftp> binary
ftp> get ucsc-crl-91-02.part1.ps.Z
310226 bytes received in 4.4 seconds (70 Kbytes/s)
ftp> get ucsc-crl-91-02.part2.ps.Z
277165 bytes received in 4.4 seconds (70 Kbytes/s)
ftp> quit
unix> uncompress ucsc-crl-91-02.part1.ps.Z
unix> uncompress ucsc-crl-91-02.part2.ps.Z
unix> lpr -P(your_local_postscript_printer) ucsc-crl-91-02.part1.ps
unix> lpr -P(your_local_postscript_printer) ucsc-crl-91-02.part2.ps

(Some other UCSC tech reports are also available. We fixed
some problems that we were having with these earlier as well,
notably 90-16. ftp the file INDEX to see what's there.)

If you have any difficulties with the above, please send e-mail to
jean at cis.ucsc.edu.   DO NOT "reply" to this message, please.

										 -David