TR-EE 90-63 figs fix

M Daniel Tom mdtom at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Jan 24 11:28:41 EST 1991

Dear Connectionists,

     Following the instructions in Mac2ps (found in the neuroprose
database) I created the file tom.hystery_figs.ps.Z (using command-k
from a Mactintosh application).

     However people have trouble printing it.  Steve, talking
below, reports the problem to me, and helps solve the problem.
I have followed Steps 1 and 2 below, and put the new file in
neuroprose/Inbox/tom.hystery_figs.ps.Z, which may be moved to
neuroprose later.  I hope you have success following Step 3 below.

Daniel Tom

> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 91 16:13:04 -0500
> From: bradtke at envy.cs.umass.edu
> To: mdtom at ecn.purdue.edu
> Subject: printing the figures for the hystery unit paper
>

>       Well, we finally got the figure pages to print.
> We had to play with the file retrieved from neuroprose a bit
> first, though.
>
> step 1:  change all \r in the file to <return>
>
> step 2:  remove the Apple ProcSet header
>
> step 3:  use SendPS to print it on a Mac LaserWriter
>        (This wouldn't work till steps 1 and 2 were done.)
>

>       I also got it to print on a unix system on a dec ln03 -ps by
> changing step 3 to
>       cat lprep68.pro tom.hystery_figs.ps graphics-restore.ps | lpr
> where the file lprep68.pro is the Apple Mac PostScript prolog, and
> the file graphics-restore.ps just does a showpage.  The only problem
> with this second solution is that all of the figures printed on just
> one page.
>
>       That's all I know.
>
> Steve

daniel