Job Opportunity at Stanford University

Dave Rumelhart der%psych at Forsythe.Stanford.EDU
Sat Jan 19 15:46:22 EST 1991

        The Psychology Department at Stanford University currently has
two job openings at least one of which may be appropriate for a
connectionist.  I enclose a copy of the advertisement which appeared in
several publications.  If you feel you may  be appropriate or know of
someone who may be appropriate please apply for the position.  Note from
the ad that we are open to people at any level and with a variety of
interests.  This means, in short, we are interested in the best person
we can attract within reasonably broad guidelines.  I personally hope
that this person has connectionist interests.

        David Rumelhart
        Chair of the Search Committee

                     Stanford University Psychology Department.

          The Department of Psychology plans two tenure-track  appointments
          in  the  Sensory/Perceptual  and/or Cognitive Sciences (including
          the biological basis of cognition) beginning in the academic year
          1991.   Appointments  may be either at the tenured or non-tenured
          (assistant  professor) level.  Outstanding  scientists  who  have
          strong   research   records   in   sensory/perceptual  processes,
          cognitive neuroscience and/or  computational/mathematical  models
          of  cognitive  processes  are  encouraged  to  apply.  Applicants
          should send a current curriculum  vitae,  copies  of  their  most
          important scholarly papers, and letters of recommendation to: The
          Cognitive Sciences Search  Committee,  c/o  Ms.  Frances  Martin,
          Department   of   Psychology,  Bldg.  420,  Stanford  University,
          Stanford, California, 94305.  The  deadline  for  application  is
          February  18, 1991, but applicants are encouraged to submit their
          materials as soon as possible.  Stanford University is  an  Equal
          Opportunity Employer.