Vision

Frank Smieja gmdzi!smieja at relay.EU.net
Mon Jan 7 13:40:05 EST 1991

Could someone please let me know about the recent objections to Marr's
theory of vision,  as expounded in his book of the same title? I am
particularly interested in current (new) ideas about stereopsis.
References to actual vision work are not hard to find,  but they are
somewhat voluminous,  and I would be most grateful just for a brief
indication of "where Marr was in error",  so that I do not fall into
the same trap.  If there are fears of starting an unending debate of
pro- and anti-Marr arguers,  then mail me directly,  and I will echo
any good articles suggested back to the net.

Frank Smieja