flag waving

GOLDFARB%unb.ca@UNBMVS1.csd.unb.ca GOLDFARB%unb.ca at UNBMVS1.csd.unb.ca
Fri Jan 4 02:39:38 EST 1991

Jim,

May I take the great responsibility to assure you that it has not
"been a waste of time to begin with". But I'm "still unclear about
what" you are and, in fact, what all of us are.

"First, <if> it is not clear to <you> that an 'analytical model of an
intelligent system' is the common goal of the people on this mailing
list", then what is the common goal of the people on this mailing list?
(see also the von Neumann's quotation in my earlier posting)

Second, "one has <already> learned enough about the biology to know
that the old models are off the mark".

--Lev Goldfarb