RESUME

Xuenong Lu lux at ho.isl.titech.ac.jp
Fri Dec 20 23:38:01 EST 1991

   Hello!

   This is Xuenong LU in Tokyo Japan. I am now a PhD student in
Tokyo Institute of Technology, majored in Information Processing and
Electrical Engineering. As I will soon graduate and get my PhD in March,
1992, I would like to ask for your help to find a proper job for me. I
would be very happy if I can find a job in united states. Here I would like
to give you a short inquiry about job openings.

 1. Name: 	Xuenong Lu
 2. Address:	Greenhouse 205#, Ibukino 52-1, Midori-ku, Yokohama, 227
		JAPAN, Tel. +81-45-982-6367, Email:lux at ho.isl.titech.ac.jp
 3. Status:	PhD in E&E ( available from March 1992)
 4. Salary required: Over 20,000$ yearly
 5. Synopsis of Resume:
	  Seeking a R&D or postdoctoral postition in optics, neural networks,
	information processing or computer science. Strong skills in hardware
	and software related UNIX, IBM-PC, NEC-PC and X-window, SUN-window
 	and other widnow systems. Eight years of experience in programming
	with assembler, C, BASIC and FORTRAN. Good ability in Speaking and
	writing in English and Japanese.

  Thank you very much for your great cooperation!
  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

   Xuenong Lu
   from Tokyo Japan
   Dec 20, 1991

APPENDIX:

                          +---------------+
                          |  R E S U M E  |
                          +---------------+

1. NAME:	Xuenong  Lu

2. SEX:		Male

3. BIRTHDAY:	January 29th, 1965

4. ORGANIZATION & STATUS:
		Ph.D student of Imaging Science and Engineering Laboratory,
		Tokyo Institute of Technology

5. CURRENT ADDRESS:
		Tokyo Institute of Technology  (Honda Group)
		Imaging Science and Engineering Laboratory
 		Nagatsuta 4259, Midori-ku, Yokohama 227, Japan
		Tel: +81-45-922-1111 ex. 2083
		Fax: +81-45-921-1492
		E-mail: lux at ho.isl.titech.ac.jp

6. PERMANENT ADDRESS
		Greenhouse Room 205, Ibukino 52-1, Midori-ku,
		Yokohama 227, Japan  TEL.+81-45-982-6367

7. EDUCATION BACKGROUND
+-------+---+-----------------------------------+-------------+---------------+
|  Date |yrs|     University and Location       |     Major   |   Degree      |
+-------+---+-----------------------------------+-------------+---------------+
|1982.9-| 4 |  Zhejiang University, Hangzhou,   |   Optical   |     BS of     |
|1986.9 |   |      Zhejiang, China              | Engineering |  Engineering  |
+-------+---+-----------------------------------+-------------+---------------+
|1986.9-| 2 |      Tsinghua Univeristy,         | Information |     MS of     |
|1988.9 |   |       Beijing, China              | Processing  |     E & E     |
+-------+---+-----------------------------------+-------------+---------------+
|1989.4-| 3 |  Tokyo Institute of Technology    | Electrical  |     PhD of    |
|1992.3 |   |        Tokyo, Japan               | Engineering |     E & E     |
+-------+---+-----------------------------------+-------------+---------------+

8. LANGUAGE BACKGROUND

  (1) English: Have a very good command of it, not only in reading and
      listening but also in speaking and writing. ( 8 yrs learning)
  (2) Japanese: Have a very good command of it, can read, speak, listen
      and write in Japanese with no problem. ( 6 yrs learning )
  (3) Chinese: Native language

9. SCHOLARSHIPS & AWARDS
  (1) Scholarship of Japanese Government ( The Ministry of Education,
      Science and Culture) from April 1989 to March 1992 in Tokyo
      Institute of Technology ( Tokyo, Japan)
  (2) Scholarship for undergraduate students from Chinese Government
      (Ministry of Education) from September 1982 to August 1986 in
      Zhejiang University (Hangzhou China)
  (3) Regarded as one of the Best Ten Outstanding Graduate Students
      in Zhejiang University, China (among 2,000 graduate students,
      August 1986, Hangzhou China)

10. FIELDS OF INTEREST
  (1) Information Processing: New methods to process information by either
      optical method or computer simulation: as image processing, optical
      computing  systems, optical neural networks,  pattern recognition,
      optical disk, etc
  (2) Neural Networks: the structure of neural networks, the hardware
      implementation of neural networks, artificial intelligence, the study
      of brain and the application of neural networks, the design of neural
      networks, new computer architecture by neural networks
  (3) Computer science: digital image processing, medical image processing,
      computer graphics, software development, database applications, etc

11. PUBLICATIONS & PROCEEDINGS
  (1) X. Lu,  M. Yamaguchi, N. Ohyama, T. Honda, M. Oita, S. Tai, and K.
      Kyuma, " The optical implementation of the intelligent associative6
      memory system", Optics Communications, ( to be published).
  (2) X. Lu, T. Honda, N. Ohyama, M. Wu, and G. Jin, "Optical configurations
      for solving equations using nonlinear etalons", Japanese Journal of
      Applied Physics, vol.29, No.10, pp.L1836-L1839(October 1990)
  (3) X. Lu, Y. Wang, M. Wu, and G. Jin, " The fabrication of a 25X25
      multiple beam splitter", Optics Communications, Vol.72, No.3,4,
      pp.157-162 (July 1989)
  (4) X. Lu, N. Ohyama, M. Yamaguchi, T. Honda, M. Oita, J. Ohta, and K.
      Kyuma, " Re-association with logical constraints in Hopfield-type
      associative memory", (submitted to Optics Communications)
  (5) H. Asuma, X. Lu, T. Honda, and N. Ohyama, "The phase modulation
      features of liquid crystal panel", Japanese Journal of Optics, vol.20,
      No.2, pp.98-102 (1991) - Japanese
  (6) X. Lu, N. Ohyama, M. Yamaguchi, T. Honda, M. Oita, J. Ohta, and K.
      Kyuma, "Development of an intelligent optical associative memory system",
      Technical Digest of OSA Annual Meeting 1991, November 3-8, 1991, San
      Jose, USA, MII5, pp.39
  (7) X. Lu, T. Honda, N. Ohyama, M. Wu, and G. Jin, "Digital optical
      computing model for solving equations", Proc. of 1990 International
      Topical Meeting on Optical Computing, April 8-12, 1990, Kobe, Japan,
      10D1, pp.197-1984
  (8) X. Lu, N. Ohyama, M. Yamaguchi, T. Honda, M. Oita, J. Ohta, and K.
      Kyuma, "The development of intelligent associative memory system (I)",
      Proceedings of the 22nd Joint Conference on Imaging Technology, 10-2.
  (9) X. Lu, N. Ohyama, M. Yamaguchi, T. Honda, M. Oita, S. Tai, and K.
      Kyuma, "The performance of intelligent associative memory", Extended
      Abstracts (The 38th Spring Meeting, 1991), The Japan Society of Applied
      Physics and Related Societies, pp.864, 31p-A-10
  (10) X. Lu, N. Ohyama, M. Yamaguchi, T. Honda, M. Oita, J. Ohta, and K.
      Kyuma, " A proposal of intelligent associative memory system", Extended
      Abstracts (The 51st Autumn Meeting, 1990), The Japan Society of Applied
      Physics and Related Societies, pp.807, 28a-H-2
  (11) H. Asuma, X. Lu,  T. Honda, N. Okumura, T. Sonehara, and N. Ohyama,
      "The phase modulation feature of liquid crystal", Extended Abstracts
      (The 37 Spring Meeting, 1990), The Japan Society of Applied Physics and
      Related Societies,  pp.770, 29p-D-10
  (12) M. Yamaguchi,  X. Lu, N. Ohyama, T. Honda, M. Oita, J. Ohta, and K.
      Kyuma,  " The creativity of neural network",  Extended Abstracts (The
      52 Autumn Meeting, 1991), The Japan Society of Applied Physics and
      Related Societies, pp.818, 9a-ZH-1
  (13) M. Oita, J. Ohta, and K. Kyuma, X. Lu, N. Ohyama, M. Yamaguchi, T.
      Honda, "A proposal of intelligent associative memory (2)---the optical
      neural network", Extended Abstracts (The 38th Spring Meeting, 1991),The
      Japan Society of Applied Physics and Related Societies, pp.863,31p-A-9
  (14) M. Oita, J. Ohta, and K. Kyuma, X. Lu, N. Ohyama, M. Yamaguchi, T.
      Honda, "A proposal of intelligent associative memory (3) --- quantized
      training rule ",  Extended Abstracts (The 52 Autumn Meeting, 1991), The
      Japan Society of Applied Physics and Related Societies, pp.820, 9a-ZH-7