Pen-Based Computing and HWCR

Thomas thomasp at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Wed Dec 11 06:55:26 EST 1991

I'm testing several Notepad or "Pen-Based" computers and I wonder
if anybody knows of NN-approaches to handwritten character recognition
(HWCR) actually (or about to be) USED in Notepads from Grid, NCR,
Momenta, MicroSlate, Tusk, Telepad, Samsung.. or within operating systems
like PenPoint, Windows for Pens...etc.

I'm aware of the fact, that NESTOR is developping HWCR-Software for
Notepads but I know little else regarding their efforts. I'm also
partly aware of the vast literature regarding HWCharacter/DigitR
but I'm solely interested in PRACTICAL and commercially viable
HWCR-approaches.

Depending on feedback, I'll summarize responses to the net.

Patrick Thomas
N3 - Nachrichten Neuronale Netze