Request for music and connectionism articles

Peter Todd todd at galadriel.Stanford.EDU
Sun Sep 9 03:44:56 EDT 1990

I am currently preparing the "summary of current work" section for our book
Music and Connectionism (to appear next spring, MIT Press, Gareth Loy
co-editor), so I wanted to ask mailing-list members for references to any
work in this area we may have missed.  If you know of any papers or
unpublished efforts (or simply names of researchers) concerning
connectionist/neural network/PDP approaches and applications to musical
problems or domains (other than Bharucha, Kohonen, J.P. Lewis, Leman, Lischka,
or the authors in our two issues of the Computer Music Journal), I would
greatly appreciate hearing about them, and having the chance to spread their
work to a wider audience.

I will post word when our book becomes available around March.  Thanks for
your help--

               Peter Todd
               Psychology Dept.
               Stanford U.