text availability?

Robert Elliott Smith rob at galab2.mh.ua.edu
Fri Oct 19 23:43:54 EDT 1990

Hi,
 I have acquired the responsibility of teaching a
introductory neural nets course to an audience of graduate
students from a variety of engineering disciplines. This course
was previously taught from short-course notes with the PDP books
as additional material. I would prefer to teach this course from a text.
Several publishers have told me that they will have such books soon4{,
but the currently available texts I've seen aren't very satisfactory.
Does anyone know of a good text that is available (or will be before
spring)?

Please respond to me directly.
All comments appreciated.

Rob.