Training with incomplete target data

FRANKLINS%MEMSTVX1.BITNET@VMA.CC.CMU.EDU FRANKLINS%MEMSTVX1.BITNET at VMA.CC.CMU.EDU
Wed Mar 14 14:46:00 EST 1990

I'm helping to design a neural network based diagnostic
system in which findings are represented locally as
inputs and diagnoses are represented locally as output.
The training patterns are such the target value of a
single node is known for each pattern. Target values of
the other output nodes are not known.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has had some
experience with training networks under these
constraints. I'd be particularly grateful for
references to pertinent articles.

                         -- Stan Franklin