NNSS update and call for help

gaudiano@bucasb.bu.edu gaudiano at bucasb.bu.edu
Fri Mar 9 16:31:11 EST 1990

	 NEURAL NETWORKS STUDENT SOCIETY UPDATE and CALL FOR HELP

NOTE: in the near future there may be a special newsgroup for student
notes like this one so we don't have to clutter up the mailing lists.
For now apologies to those subscribers that do not wish to get this.

Thanks to all those that responded to the Society Announcement. The response
has been overwhelming (almost 300 so far). We have not been acknowledging
individual requests because of the volume, but we will mail out our newsletter
at the end of the month. At that point we will send notes to make sure
everyone's address (email or snailmail) is correct.

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
If you are in a recognized academic program for Neural Networks and
want other students to know about it, please send us a short
description IN YOUR OWN WORDS of the program, including an address for
people who want more details. Include things like faculty members,
courses, and your opinions (if you want). Send the submission by email
to "nnss-request at thalamus.bu.edu" by MARCH 21 for inclusion in our
newsletter. We will let you know if there are problems or comments.

CALL FOR HELP: In order to handle international memberships, we
decided it is best to designate "ambassadors" for each country or
geographical area. This is primarily to save people the trouble of
having to get $5 exchanged from their own currencies, but ambassadors
should also be willing to devote some time for possible future
Society-related tasks. If you live outside of the US and are willing
to devote some of your time to this endeavour, drop us a note (email
nnss-request at thalamus.bu.edu).

	Paolo Gaudiano			Karen Haines
	gaudiano at thalamus.bu.edu	khaines at galileo.ece.cmu.edu