Flame

Jim Bower jbower at smaug.cns.caltech.edu
Fri Jan 12 12:24:45 EST 1990

I must say that I for one am getting tired of being inundated with
literature from the center of "the worlds greatest graduate program
in the technology, computation, and biology of neural networks".
Dispite the "renowned" nature of the faculty, and the "extraordinary"
apparent range of their expertise, enough is enough.  If the problem is
a limited number of applicants, maybe someone should lower the price.
Certainly, all "industry leading neural architects" should be able to
understand that. Or, dare I suggest it, maybe the "worlds leading
graduate curriculum" should be somewhat modified so that is seems more
likely that the subject matter can actually be covered in a "self-contained
systematic" fashion.  Presumably, faculty on "the cutting edge" "who know
the field as only its creators can" would be up to this task without
compromising the week of its "rare intellectual excitment".

Jim Bower