Mathematical Tractability of Neural Nets

Dave Scotese pa1490%sdcc13 at ucsd.edu
Mon Feb 26 17:42:00 EST 1990

	I am not very well versed in the whole idea of tractability
or whatnot or even nueral nets themselves. In my humble and perhaps
erroneous model of what we are discussing, it seems that any simulation
of cerebral activity would necessarily avoid convergence
(= tractability?). This comes from my idea that if the cerebral activity
in a human did converge, he would have stopped thinking. While this
might be the goal of the devout follower of eastern philosophy, I
think it is impossible.
	Sorry if my insight reflects the ramblings of a misguided
simpleton, really, as I feel really uneducated when I read most of
the stuff here.

			-Dave Scotese *%)