developmental aspects of NNs

Mike Rudnick rudnick at cse.ogi.edu
Tue Feb 20 23:44:35 EST 1990

Is anyone doing work on the developmental (as in developmental
biology) aspects of NNs?  I'm (at least somewhat) aware of Edelman &
Reeke's work on neuronal group selection, and Wilson's papers on
L-systems, but no other work.

My particular interest is in using genetic search techniques for the
design of artificial neural nets.  I want to find a useful analog of
developmental biology to aid in both the design of compact genetic
codes and in converting those genetic codes to nets (more or less)
ready to be trained.

I'm eager to contact new people working in these areas, and would
appreciate any pointers or references that may be appropriate.

Thanks,
Mike Rudnick				Computer Science & Eng. Dept.
Domain:	rudnick at cse.ogi.edu		Oregon Graduate Institute (was OGC)
UUCP: {tektronix,verdix}!ogicse!rudnick	19600 N.W. von Neumann Dr.
(503) 690-1121 X7390 (or X7309)		Beaverton, OR. 97006-1999