No subject

ananth sankar sankar at caip.rutgers.edu
Sun Aug 12 21:15:24 EDT 1990

>>There are several papers that show convergence via guaranteeing each
>>unit reduces the output's errors by at least one.
>>

>>The "neural decision tree" approach is shown to converge by
>>	M. Golea and M. Marchand, A Growth Algorithm for Neural
>>	Network Decision Trees, EuroPhys.Lett. 12, 205 (1990).
>>and also
>>	J.A. Sirat and J.P. Nadal, Neural Trees: A New Tool for
>>	Classification, preprint, submitted to "Network", April 90.

Add to this the following paper:

A. Sankar and R.J. Mammone, " A fast learning algorithm for tree
neural networks", presented at the 1990 Conference on Information
Sciences and Systems, Princeton, NJ, March 21,22,23, 1990.

This will appear in the conference proceedings. We also have a more
detailed technical report on this research.

For copies please contact

Ananth Sankar
CAIP 117
Brett and Bowser Roads