special issue

Noel Sharkey N.E.Sharkey at cs.exeter.ac.uk
Sat Aug 4 16:30:53 EDT 1990

The NATURAL LANGUAGE special issue of CONNECION SCIENCE will be
on the shelves soon. I though you might like to see the contents.

CONTENTS

Catherine L Harris
   Connectionism and Cognitive Linguistics

John Rager & George Berg
   A Connectionist Model of Motion and Government in Chomsky's
   Government-binding Theory

David J Chalmers
   Syntactic Transformations on Distributed Representations

Stan C Kwasny & Kanaan A Faisal
   Connectinism and Determinism in a Syntactic Parser

Risto Miikkulainen
   Script Recognition with Hierarchical Feature Maps

Lorraine F R Karen
   Identification of Topical Entities in Discouse: a Connectionist
   Approach to Attentional Mechanism in Language

Mary Hare
   The Role of Similarity in Hungarian Vowel Harmony: a Connectionist
   Account

Robert Port
   Representation and Recognition of Temporal Patterns

Editor: Noel E. Sharkey, University of Exeter

Special Editorial Review Panel

Robert B. Allen, Bellcore
Garrison W. Cottrell, University of California, San Diego
Michael G. Dyer, University of California, Los Angeles
Jeffrey L. Elman, University of California, San Diego
George Lakoff, University of California, Berkeley
Wendy G. Lehnert, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Jordan Pollack, Ohio State University
Ronan Reilly, Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Bart Selman, University of Toronto
Paul Smolensky, University of Colorado, Boulder

We would like to encourage the CNLP community to submit many
more papers, and we would particulary like to see more papers on
representational issues.

noel