ABSTRACT - A Bayesian Neural Network

yann@neural.att.com yann at neural.att.com
Thu Sep 21 14:06:00 EDT 1989

  > The following paper will appear in the first (March -89) issue of the
  > International Journal for Neural Systems (World Scientific Publishing):
  >
  > A One-Layer Feedback Artificial Neural Network
  > with a Bayesian Learning Rule
  >
  > by
  > Anders Lansner and \rjan Ekeberg
  > Dept. of Numerical Analysis and Computing Science
  > Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden

That reminds me of the following paper:
  Murakami, K. and Aibara, T. : "Construction of a distributed associative
  memory on the basis of the bayes discriminant rule".
  IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. PAMI-3,
  No 2, March 1981.

This paper is about a variation of Nakano's "associatron" model (what we call
now a Hopfield network) which uses Bayes rule to compute the weights.  As far
as i remember, their units are binary.

 - Yann Le Cun        yann at neural.att.com