IJCNN Call for Papers Amendment

Paul Hollis pwh at ece-csc.ncsu.edu
Mon Jan 30 14:48:25 EST 1989

                  Amendment to IJCNN call for papers

Sorry...Upon reflection the wording in the IJCNN call for  papers  did  not
convey the proper meaning.  Perhaps a better way to say it would have been,
"IJCNN-89 is replacing both the ICNN and INNS meetings in 1989." The intent
was  for people to realize that if they planned to submit to either ICNN or
INNS or both in 1989, the joint conference is the only  opportunity  to  do
so.   Part  of  the  reason  for extending the deadline is to allow for the
short notice (no INNS call for papers had previously been issued, since the
merger  of  the two conferences just occurred). The original text was meant
to imply the above and nothing more.  No offense should  be  taken  because
none was intended.

By the way, I was at last year's NIPS conference  and  thought  it  was  an
excellent conference. I plan to be there again next year.

Also there has been some confusion over the revised deadline for paper sub-
missions to IJCNN.  The revised deadline STILL STANDS as FEBRUARY 15.

P.S. Following the precedent set at the IJCAI, my pronunciation of IJCNN is
idge-kin. The acronyms were good though!

Wes Snyder, Co-Chairman of the Organization Committee, IJCNN-89

                      January 30, 1989