addendum to UCSD Cog Sci faculty opening

Donald A Norman-UCSD Cog Sci Dept norman%cogsci at ucsd.edu
Sun Jan 29 13:36:36 EST 1989

Jef Ellman's posting of the job at UCSD in the Cognitive Science
Department was legally and technically accurate, but he should have
added one important sentence:

Get the application -- or at least, a letter of interest -- to us immediately.

We are very late in getting the word out, and decisions will have to
be made quickly.  The sooner we know of the pool of applicants, the better.
(Actually, I now discover one inaccuracy -- the ad says we "expect to
receive permission to hire ..."   In fact, we now do have that permission.

If you have future interests -- say you are interested not now, but in
a year or two or three -- that too is important for us to know, so
tell us.

don norman