Cognitive Science and Connectionist Models

James L. McClelland jlm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Sep 1 16:17:59 EDT 1988

I've been meaning to send this message for a long
time: The recent discussion about the proceedings
of cognitive science have pushed me over the edge:
[Actually I sent this yesterday but as with my previous
 mail this one seems to have gotten lost as well.]

The Journal Cognitive Science (the publication
of the Cognitive Science Society) has a commitment
to the exploration of connectionist models.
I am one of the senior editors and the editorial board
includes several prominant connectionists.  I speak for
the journal in saying that we welcome connectionist
research with an interdisiplinary flavor.  There will be
a group of connectionist papers coming out shortly.

If you want to submit, read the instructions for authors
inside the back cover of a recent issue.  If you want
to subscribe, write to

Ablex Publishing,
355 Chestnut St.
Norwood, NJ 07648

or join the society by writing to

Alan Lesgold, Secretary-Treasurer
Learning Research and Development Center
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260

membership is just a bit more than a plain subscription and
gets you announcements about meetings etc as well as the
journal.

-- Jay McClelland