[ACT-R-users] Reminder: Fifth Groningen Spring School on Cognitive Modeling

Katja Mehlhorn s.k.mehlhorn at rug.nl
Wed Jan 22 09:04:45 EST 2020

Fifth Groningen Spring School on Cognitive Modeling
– ACT-R, Nengo, PRIMs, Error-driven learning & dynamical systems –

Date: March 30 to April 3, 2020
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Fee: € 250 (late fee after February 15 will be € 300)
More information and registration: www.cognitive-modeling.com/springschool <http://www.cognitive-modeling.com/springschool>

We would like to remind you of the 5th annual Groningen Spring School on Cognitive Modeling.

As last year, the Spring School will offer courses on the ACT-R, Nengo, and PRIMs paradigms, as well as a course on error-driven learning. These courses consist of daily lectures, as well as hands-on tutorials that will give you practical experience with the topic.

As a special feature for our 5th anniversary this year, we are offering a lecture series on dynamical systems. This lecture series should be interesting for anyone looking into modeling cognitive dynamics. It can be combined with each of the 4 courses mentioned above, but we especially recommend it in combination with Nengo for everyone interested in neuromorphic computing.

The first day of the Spring School will provide an introduction to all five topics. From day two, spring school students will be asked to commit to one topic, for which they will attend lectures as well as hands-on tutorials. In addition, students can sign up for a second topic, for which they will attend lectures only. All students are invited to join a series of plenary research talks on the different paradigms.

The early registration deadline ends on February 15, so make sure to sign up before then.

Please let us know if you have any questions or check the website for more information: www.cognitive-modeling.com/springschool <http://www.cognitive-modeling.com/springschool>.

Please feel free to forward the information to anyone who might be interested in the Spring School.

We are looking forward to having you here in Groningen!

The Spring School team

______
ACT-R
Jelmer Borst, Maarten van der Velde, Stephen Jones, & Katja Mehlhorn (University of Groningen)

Nengo
Terry Stewart (University of Waterloo)

PRIMs
Niels Taatgen (University of Groningen)

Error-driven learning
Jacolien van Rij and Dorothée Hoppe (University of Groningen)

Dynamical Systems
Herbert Jaeger (University of Groningen)
Dr. Katja Mehlhorn, Docent

University of Groningen
http://www.ai.rug.nl/~katja/

Dr. Katja Mehlhorn, Docent