[ACT-R-users] iccm: Submissions for 2020 conference, due 8 may 20

Frank Ritter fer2 at PSU.EDU
Tue Apr 14 20:22:39 EDT 2020

[sent on behalf of Terry and Chris]

Subject: ICCM Deadline Extension and Online Update
http://mathpsych.org/conferences/2020/submissions.php

Hello everyone,

As we previously announced, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, ICCM
(and the co-located MathPsych meeting) will be a virtual online event
this year.  We are still figuring out the details of how this will
work, but the general structure will be that we will still classify
the accepted submissions as either “talks” or “posters” and we will
still publish an online proceedings as usual.  For the actual ICCM
program, we will ask presenters to pre-record a video presenting their
work and we will then have scheduled online times for discussion of
the work. We will also have some online social events.

Furthermore, given the extra stress and uncertainty that has entered
all of our lives these last few months, and given the fact that people
will not need to organize travel to the ICCM event, we have also
decided to extend the deadline for the ICCM submissions by three
weeks.   So, the new submission deadline is May 8th, 2020.

Even with this extended deadline, we also recognize that many of you
have work that is worthy of presentation at ICCM that requires more
than a 2-page submission, but due to the realities of the current
situation it is not feasible to develop a full 6-page submission.  If
you are in this situation, please note that we will be treating the
6-page limit on full submissions as a maximum, but not as a minimum.
Shorter submissions (down to 3 pages) will also be reviewed and
considered for talks and awards.

We are very much looking forward to seeing your research, and we are
very curious how this sort of online conference will work.  Please
stay safe, and we will see you this summer!

Terry Stewart and the ICCM Steering Committee

Frank.Ritter at psu.edu
Professor, College of IST
http://acs.ist.psu.edu
(814) 865-4453