[ACT-R-users] ICCM2020: MathPsych/ICCM 2020 not to be held physically, details to follow

Frank Ritter fer2 at PSU.EDU
Wed Apr 1 20:39:00 EDT 2020

We will have our usual bulletin out this week.  But, this is breaking
news - Frank

MathPsych/ICCM 2020 not to be held physically, details to follow

Dear Colleagues,

As President of the Society for Mathematical Psychology (SMP), I am
writing on behalf of the Executive Committee of SMP and the leadership
of the International Conference on Cognitive Modelling (ICCM) to update
you on the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the 53rd Annual Meeting of the
SMP, and the 18th Annual Meeting of the ICCM.

It is now clear that it will not be possible for us to hold our annual
conference [physically] in Toronto this year. To be clear we have not
taken this unprecedented decision lightly. However, for the health and
safety of our membership, and given the newly instituted closure of
public events in Toronto through June 2020, and the cancellation of the
Cognitive Science Conference we strongly believe this to be the right
decision.

Although we are disappointed about not being able to host a physical
meeting this year, we are excited about the possibilities of hosting the
conference through alternative venues, such as a virtual meeting. We
will announce further details in the coming weeks. At this time our
submission portal remains open.

We remain fully committed to making sure the award winners for 2020 will
still receive their much-deserved recognition. This includes William K
Estes EARLY CAREER AWARD winners Dora Matzke and Joseph
Austerweil, Society for Mathematical Psychology SENIOR FELLOW
AWARD winner Jean-Claude Falmagne, R. Duncan Luce OUTSTANDING PAPER
AWARD (the Journal of Mathematical Psychology) TBD, and Computational
Brain & behavior OUTSTANDING PAPER AWARD TBD. We will announce further
details in the coming weeks.

We thank our conference chair, Joachim Vandekerckhove, and
Secretary/Treasurer Leslie Blaha for their tremendous efforts in these
difficult times.

If you have any questions or concerns these can be directed to the
Society Conference Chair, Joachim Vandekerckhove joachim at uci.edu
<mailto:joachim at uci.edu>, or the Society President, Pernille
Hemmerpernille.hemmer at psych.rutgers.edu
<mailto:pernille.hemmer at psych.rutgers.edu>