[ACT-R-users] research scientist position at TiER1 Performance Solutions

Matthew Walsh mmw188 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 10:41:18 EST 2017

We are looking for a researcher to add to our interdisciplinary research
team at TiER1 Performance Solutions. The ideal candidate possesses strong
analytical abilities, enjoys working with modern rapid development
programming languages (for example, Python, etc), has an experienced,
disciplined approach to quantitative research and experimentation, and
enjoys making an impact on how people perform at their work.  The
individual needs to value working in a collaborative environment and be
able to work within cross disciplinary team of psychologists, cognitive
scientists, quantitative scientists, and others.

This position provides the opportunity to make an immediate impact on
several current projects in a variety of ways:

   - Analytical ability: take a fuzzy problem and decompose it into
   specific and clear pieces (clarity could either be qualitative or
   quantitative)
   - Strong writing skills (clear writing == clear thinking)
   - Programming skill to support our projects (e.g., Python, JAVA, R,
   MATLAB, Octave, or similar). Experience in more than 1 programming language
   is highly desired.
   - Experience in statistics and data analysis.
   - Exposure to topics in cognitive science including learning and memory,
   attention, and language processing.
   - Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that
   meets the needs of the client and contract
   - Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
   - Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
   - Contributes to new business proposals and proposal development
   - Manages own personal and professional development; seeks opportunities
   for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experiences

*QUALIFICATIONS*

   - Preferred majors include: Computer Science, Software Engineering,
   Cognitive Psychology or related field. PhD or near PhD is a large plus.
   - Strong experience software development with multiple programming
   languages
   - Ability to communicate with the client, project team and within TiER1

*ABOUT TIER1*

Our mission is to improve the performance of organizations through the
performance of people. We wake up every morning ready to tackle big
challenges, so that more people can do the amazing work they are meant to
do. When they contribute more, stretch their talents, and free themselves
of workplace limits, a remarkable thing happens—they become happier and
more fulfilled. And that means they reduce stress, create healthier
relationships, and simply find more joy. Every day we’re in business, we
really are building a better world.

Our purpose is to help people do their best work—that’s the lens we wear
every day. As an employee-owned firm, we apply that to our client
organizations, their people, and ourselves. And to do that, we embrace our
core values: High Performance, Relationships, Initiative, Accountability,
Value, AND Fun

*TO APPLY*

http://tier1performance.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2rjxfm0nbcl?preview=1

<http://tier1performance.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2rjxfm0nbcl?preview=1>

<http://tier1performance.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2rjxfm0nbcl?preview=1>We
are evaluating applications on an ongoing basis.