[ACT-R-users] Doctoral Student Fellowship - University of Lausanne, Switzerland

Julian Marewski Julian.Marewski at unil.ch
Mon Mar 7 11:06:43 EST 2016

Apologies for cross-postings:

Doctoral Student Fellowship

Applicants should be interested in the mathematical or computational
modeling of human decision or memory processes, and/or in the cognitive
mechanisms underlying bounded and ecological rationality, and/or in
ecological approaches to cognition in general. We are also interested in
receiving applications from candidates with a background in history or
biology, who seek to apply experimental and simulation methods to understand
past and modern-day collective behavior in humans (e.g., mass phenomena in
World War II or in the Roman military). Knowledge of quantitative research
methods, and ideally, programming skills (e.g., MATLAB, R, LISP) is helpful
but not required. A university degree in psychology, business, economics,
mathematics, computer science, physics, biology, or history is required.
Very good English skills are required.

The doctoral student position (minimum 60%) can begin as early as August 1st
2016, or later if the candidate asks for a later starting date. The maximum
funding period is 5 years, with the first contract being 1 year and then
renewable 2X2 years. Successful candidates will obtain a Ph.D. The doctoral
student will be mentored by Julian Marewski. The work location is Lausanne
Dorigny.

Please submit applications by May 1st, but the job offer will remain open
until the position is filled.

Applications include a cover letter describing research interests and a
potential thesis project, curriculum vitae, university transcripts, and two
letters of recommendation. The preferred method of submission are PDF files
e-mailed to julian.marewski at unil.ch.

The Department of Organizational Behavior of the Faculty for Business and
Economics at the University of Lausanne provides a stimulating,
interdisciplinary research environment. We value the diversity of the
expertise of the members of the department (we have Ph.D.s in psychology,
business, management, and economics; current doctoral students have a Master
degree in e.g., psychology, business or physics). We publish in top-tier
journals in different disciplines, including Science, Psychological Review,
and the American Economic Review. Our department's members come from
different countries, and the working language of the department is English.

Located near Lake Geneva and surrounded by the Jura Mountains and the French
Alps, Lausanne is a beautiful and cosmopolitan spot to live. We have a
collegial atmosphere that makes it easy for us to carry out our research.

Information about the Department of Organizational Behavior is available at
http://www.hec.unil.ch/hec/recherche/unite?set_language=en
<http://www.hec.unil.ch/hec/recherche/unite?set_language=en&unite_id=239&cl=
en> &unite_id=239&cl=en. More information about the position can be inquired
directly from julian.marewski at unil.ch.

*** This is an non  official job add or job description from the University
of Lausanne ***