[ACT-R-users] postdoctoral position

john ja0s at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 14 08:29:15 EST 2016

I am looking for a post-doctoral researcher to work on computational
models of dynamic skill acquisition.The central question in this
research is how learners bring task relevant knowledge to enable the
tuning of a skill while still dealing with the information-processing
demands of the task.We are currently pursuing this question in the
context of playing a video game but the choice of task is flexible.

We are looking for someone with strong computational modeling skills,
preferably with ACT-R experience.The position is funded for at least two
years.Besides interacting with other researchers in our lab, the
individual could take advantage of the rich intellectual environment
that Carnegie Mellon offers.

The person will play a key role in this project with the goal of making
a significant advance in the direction of a realistic model of human
task learning.

If interested please contact me, ja at cmu.edu

--
John R. Anderson