[ACT-R-users] PARC Summer Internships with the Interactive Intelligence Area

Peter.Pirolli at parc.com Peter.Pirolli at parc.com
Sun Dec 7 11:10:15 EST 2014

See: http://www.jobscore.com/jobs2/paloaltoresearchcenter/internship-in-interactive-intelligence-for-mobile-health/cm3nGWBPGr5jiuiGalkWKP

Internship in Interactive Intelligence for Mobile Health

About the Job

PARC’s Interactive Intelligence group is seeking talented R&D interns to help invent new breakthrough technologies for behavior change in health and wellness. You will collaborate with our team to enhance live mobile apps that provide personalized, socially supported, context aware scaffolding to help users adopt healthier lifestyles. An example application can be viewed at http://fittle.org.

Requirements

The ideal candidate is a top-notch PhD candidate in Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or related discipline, with deep expertise in theoretically grounded but applied research in one of these areas:

  *   cognitive modeling, artificial intelligence, user modeling
  *   human-computer interaction, mobile user interfaces, user experience design
  *   mobile data visualization, interactive analytics, ambient visualization
  *   intelligent tutoring, interactive coaching
  *   other relevant areas will be considered; be sure to explain what you do and how you expect to contribute to our team

If this sounds like you, please apply with a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this position.

A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED. Please do not submit a “generic” letter; we want to know what you’re interested in, why you want to work with us in particular, and what you will bring to our team. Include a URL with your portfolio, papers, or other relevant experience.

About PARC

We like to say we’re in the Business of Breakthroughs®.  Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the GUI and Ethernet to ubiquitous computing and laser printing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC is a research organization unlike any other. We combine the best of a top-notch research university, an entrepreneurial startup, and a premiere technology company. We meld our world-class innovation chops with researching and developing real-world applications that have market potential, focusing on creating new business options and opportunities. We’re driven to get our ideas out of the lab and into the world in order to have real impact, and we need superb research talent to make that happen.

The highly interdisciplinary Interactive Intelligence (I²) group is focused on inventing new technologies that make people smarter. Join our world-class research team in creating new theory and technology to make people smarter about their own health.

PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or  belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.  People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.

As one of the most prolific innovation centers in the world, PARC offers an exceptional internship experience.  Considered valuable members of our community, interns are fully integrated into the daily activities of PARC's highly collaborative, multidisciplinary culture.  For more information on the PARC internship program visithttp://www.parc.com/internship