[ACT-R-users] Trouble with Experiment Window in CCL

Stu Rodgers stu10887 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 13:06:20 EDT 2013

Dear ACT-R Users Mailing List,

  I am having a bit of trouble getting experiment windows to display when
running CCL.
  Below is the lisp trace.  I am running ACT-R 6 r1227.  Also, I am using
the tutorial from unit 6. Lastly, I am running the start-environment.exe
that ships with r1227.
  Operating system is Windows 7.
  Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Stu

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.8-r15286M  (Windowsx8664)!
? (load
"C:/Users/stuart.rodgers/palm/branches/cl/synavo/synavo/tools/actr6_r1227/load-act-r-6.lisp")
##################################
ACT-R Version Information:
Framework             : 1.4 [r1227]
production-compilation: 1.5        A module that assists the primary
procedural module with compiling productions
declarative           : 1.3        The declarative memory module stores
chunks from the buffers for retrieval
central-parameters    : 1.1        a module that maintains parameters used
by other modules
procedural            : 2.0a1      The procedural module handles production
definition and execution
retrieval-history     : 1.1        Module to record retrieval history for
display in the environment.
goal                  : 1.1        The goal module creates new goals for
the goal buffer
buffer-trace          : 1.0        A module that provides a buffer based
tracing mechanism.
buffer-history        : 1.0        Module to record buffer change history
for display in the environment.
device                : 1.2        The device interface for a model
random-module         : 1.0        Provide a good and consistent source of
pseudorandom numbers for all systems
naming-module         : 1.3        Provides safe and repeatable new name
generation for models.
bold                  : 2.0        A module to produce BOLD response
predictions from buffer request activity.
temporal              : 1.0b5      The temporal module is used to estimate
short time intervals
utility               : 2.2        A module that computes production
utilities
vision                : 3.1        A module to provide a model with a
visual attention system (which now uses chunks internally)
buffer-params         : 1.0        Module to hold and control the buffer
parameters
environment           : 3.0        A module to handle the environment
connection if opened
production-history    : 1.1        Module to record production history for
display in the environment.
audio                 : 2.3        A module which gives the model an
auditory attentional system
speech                : 2.2        A module to provide a model with the
ability to speak
printing-module       : 1.0        Coordinates output of the model.
imaginal              : 1.2        The imaginal module provides a goal
style buffer with a delay and an action buffer for manipulating the
imaginal chunk
motor                 : 2.3        Module to provide a model with virtual
hands
#P"C:/Users/stuart.rodgers/palm/branches/cl/synavo/synavo/tools/actr6_r1227/load-act-r-6.lisp"
? (start-environment)
#S(environment-connection :stream #<basic-tcp-stream iso-8859-1
(socket/1148) #x21011D52BD> :local 1 :process #<process
Environment-Connection(2) [Active] #x21011D359D> :handlers #<hash-table
:test eq
l size 0/60 #x21011D452D> :hooks #<hash-table :test eql size 0/60
#x21011D3F1D>)
? (load
"C:/Users/stuart.rodgers/palm/branches/cl/synavo/synavo/tools/actr6_r1227/tutorial/unit6/bst-nolearn.lisp")
#P"C:/Users/stuart.rodgers/palm/branches/cl/synavo/synavo/tools/actr6_r1227/tutorial/unit6/bst-nolearn.lisp"
? (do-experiment '(12 6 18 20) 'human)
Cannot make a visible window, you must use virtual.
> Error: There is no applicable method for the generic function:
>          #<standard-generic-function select-rpm-window #x2100F20A7F>
>        when called with arguments:
>          (nil)
> While executing: #<ccl::standard-kernel-method no-applicable-method (t)>,
in process listener(1).
> Type :GO to continue, :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> If continued: Try calling it again
> Type :? for other options.
1 >