[ACT-R-users] Computational predictive models of health behavior change

Peter.Pirolli at parc.com Peter.Pirolli at parc.com
Wed Jan 2 14:01:41 EST 2013

Dear ACT-R-ers:

One of the greater challenges in the U.S. (and increasingly elsewhere) is the growing burden of costs associated with health-damaging but modifiable behaviors. I was recently asked by a program director of a national funding agency to suggest researchers in academia who are working on computational predictive models appropriate to capture health-related behaviors and behavior change, and so I am seeking your help in producing such a list.

It seems to me that the area of behavior change in real-world settings is ripe for predictive models after more than a 100 years of behavioral science and clinical studies, plus all the recent progress in cognitive models, neurocomputational models, user models, predictive analytics, machine learning, tutoring systems, smart homes, ubiquitous computing, and more.

Please send your suggestions to pirolli at parc.com<mailto:pirolli at parc.com>