[ACT-R-users] similarity in partial-matching/blending

Alessandro Oltramari aoltrama at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Apr 23 09:11:39 EDT 2013

On Apr 23, 2013, at 8:35 AM, Kelley, Troy D CIV (US) wrote:

> Laura,
>
> "Dynamically during runs" sounds interesting.  I have also been thinking
> that using something like Latent Semantic Analysis (LSA) or the similarity
> values in ConceptNet might be a useful way of setting the initial values.

Laura, Troy,
I've recently used Ted Pedersen's suite of similarity measures over WordNet semantic network.

http://marimba.d.umn.edu/cgi-bin/similarity/similarity.cgi

In particular,  gloss vectors measures seems to be the most adequate to set initial values.

Best,

Alessandro Oltramari
Research Associate
Psychology Department
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15213
Tel.:  +1-412-268-6284
Mobile: +1-412-689-1514
Fax.: +1-412-268-2798
Homepage: http://fms.psy.cmu.edu/member/aoltrama
Twitter: oltramale
"There’s no such thing as the unknown– only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood.” (Capt. James Tiberius Kirk)