[ACT-R-users] Open position in Applied Cognitive Science

Shane Mueller shanem at mtu.edu
Wed Oct 31 12:57:06 EDT 2012

Below is an advertisement for a (second) open position here at
Michigan Tech (rank of
full, associate, or possibly advanced assistant).  Our description is
fairly broad, but we are very much
interested in researchers who do computational modeling in a ways that bridge
basic and applied domains.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you questions, and I'll be at the
SCiP and Psychonomics meetings next month if anyone has questions.

Shane

*2012 Associate/Full Professor Faculty Search Advertisement*

The Department of Cognitive and Learning Sciences at Michigan Technological
University seeks applicants for a tenure-track Associate or Full Professor
of Psychology to begin Fall 2013. Advanced Assistant professor candidates
may also be considered. The successful candidate will assume a leadership
role in our rapidly growing Ph.D. program in Applied Cognitive Science and
Human Factors. Specialization should be in human factors, applied cognitive
science, or a closely related field. A Ph.D. in psychology or related
discipline is required.

Special consideration will be given to candidates with areas of expertise
that complement and broaden our Department’s strengths in Expert
Performance, Decision Making, Computational Modeling, Neuroergonomics, and
User Interfaces.   The ideal candidate will bridge basic and applied
research, have a strong record of publications and external funding, and
will pursue interdisciplinary research collaborations with MTU faculty in
psychology and affiliated programs. Typical teaching load is 2
(undergraduate and graduate) courses per semester.

Michigan Tech, one of the state's four public research universities, is
ranked in the top tier of national universities according to the U.S. News
& World Report’s "America’s Best Colleges 2012." The university is rated as
one of the safest college campuses in the United States. Twenty-five
percent of incoming students ranked in the top 10 percent of their high
school graduating class.

Michigan Tech is located in Houghton, named one of the 100 best small towns
in America for its world-class cultural events, community resources and
four-season recreation opportunities. This area is known for natural
beauty, pleasant summers and abundant snowfall. National Geographic
Adventure Magazine rates us as one of the top-ten outdoor adventure spots
in the US for our bike trails, Olympic-caliber cross country ski trails and
Lake Superior shoreline.

Full consideration will be given to applications received by Nov 30th,
2012.  Applications should be submitted
onlinehttps://www.jobs.mtu.edu/postings/680.

Michigan Tech is an ADVANCE institution, one of a limited number of
universities in receipt of NSF funds in support of our commitment to
increase diversity and the participation and advancement of women in STEM.
The university is also in its sixth year of a strategic faculty hiring
initiative (see www.mtu.edu/sfhi).

We also have a Dual Career Program which assists departments with partner
orientation to the university and community and identification of possible
positions for partners (see www.dual.mtu.edu). Michigan Tech is an Equal
Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer.