[ACT-R-users] the MindModeling infrastructure

Harris, Jack J Civ USAF AFMC 711 HPW/RHAC Jack.Harris at wpafb.af.mil
Mon Oct 22 11:51:26 EDT 2012

David, Thanks for your question.

The MindModeling system is mostly composed of many 'consumer computers' with a
few high-end computers and even a few super computers added in for good
measure. So, the system is highly heterogeneous and there is a large
distribution of clock speeds, core-counts and architectures available. Based
on resource requirements (e.g., software requirements, operating system, etc.)
of an experiment, the system distributes simulations to respective processors
accordingly. In the last month while doing an experiment consenting an ACT-R
model regarding fatigue, the system was sustaining rates at about 4 TFlops.

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to
discuss your individual computational needs or if you have any further
questions.
Thanks,
Jack

Jack Harris, PhD
Research Computer Scientist and Cognitive Scientist
Cognitive Models and Agents Branch (711 HPW/RHAC)
Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio 45433
(937) 938-3937