[ACT-R-users] sensitivity analyses of ACT-R parameters

Harris, Jack J Civ USAF AFMC 711 HPW/RHAC Jack.Harris at wpafb.af.mil
Thu Oct 18 14:57:27 EDT 2012

Coty,
	Yes, like Kevin mentioned, we have been working for a few years to
ease the burden of using large-scale resources for our own cognitive model
evaluation. The MindModeling project was born out of this initiative.
MindModeling at Home is a research project that leverages the combined
resources of local computing grids, shared DoD supercomputing clusters and
the computing resources of thousands of volunteers from around the world for
the advancement of cognitive science. The MindModeling at Home project was
originally developed by scientists and engineers within the Air Force
Research Laboratory (711 HPW/RHAC), but has since transitioned to be a
catalyst for collaboration with academia and other partners interested in
the advancement of computational cognitive science research.

	The MindModeling at Home system provides an infrastructure for easily
submitting a cognitive model for evaluation performance across a range of
contexts utilizing distributed computing practices. Recent advances in the
infrastructure have enabled billions of simulations to be carried out across
thousands of computers producing the equivalent of hundreds of years of
computational work. These simulations have been conducted using a variety of
formalisms including LISP-based models using the ACT-R cognitive
architecture, Quantum Field Theory models authored in Matlab, and even
virtual world learning agents development utilizing the Python language.
Furthermore, to aid in the model evaluation process, the MindModeling
project provides modelers integrated tools for interactively monitoring and
visualizing the performance of models executing within the infrastructure.
Future work is underway to integrate even more formalisms, tools and
languages into the MindModeling system to further expand the system's
cognitive research enabling capabilities.

	We are always looking for new collaborative opportunities with
others in the cognitive modeling community. If you (or others) would be
interested in gaining access to the computational infrastructure please feel
free to contact me.

Jack Harris, PhD
Research Computer Scientist and Cognitive Scientist
Cognitive Models and Agents Branch (711 HPW/RHAC)
Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio 45433
(937) 938-3937