[ACT-R-users] internship opportunity

ion juvina ijuvina at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 3 11:10:48 EST 2011

Internship in ACT-R programming:
Job description: UtopiaCompression Corporation is seeking qualified
interns with significant experience in ACT-R architecture (LISP
programming) to help develop and enhance existing cognition models to
better emulate emotion reactivity and social-cultural biases similar
to that of human subjects. The end solution is to use these refined-
cognitive models to behave as agents in an immersive environment to
help warfighters make better decisions in tactical or socio-cultural
settings.

  Required skills:

- Degree requirements: Preferably Ph.D. (but Masters will also be
considered) in Cognitive Neuroscience or Cognitive Psychology

Desired Skills:

- Preference will be given to applicants who have understanding of
fMRI imaging and can use the neuroimaging data to better augment the
ACT-R models

- Applicant must be self-motivated, able to work independently and as
part of team

- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) are mandatory

Motivation: The current project is a Phase I SBIR project from Office
of Naval Research. If UtopiaCompression is awarded a subsequent Phase
II, a full-time position will be extended to the intern based on his/
her performance during Phase I execution.

Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience

Work hours: Minimum 25 hours per week

Contact: Priya Ganapathy priya at utopiacompression.com

Ion Juvina, PhD
Research Psychologist