[ACT-R-users] Post-Doc Opportunity

Ball, Jerry T Civ USAF AFMC 711 HPW/RHAC Jerry.Ball at mesa.afmc.af.mil
Tue Jan 12 15:54:37 EST 2010

We are looking for applicants for an NRC Post-Doc with a background in
cognitive linguistics/psycholinguistics and computational cognitive modeling
to work on the language generation component of a synthetic teammate. We are
using the ACT-R cognitive architecture to develop the synthetic teammate.
The major components of the synthetic teammate, including language
comprehension, language generation, dialog management, situation model and
task behavior are all being implemented within ACT-R. A prototype language
generation component grounded in Optimality Theory has already been
developed, but is in need of modification to align it with ongoing
modifications to the other components, to expand its coverage, and to
improve its cognitive plausibility. The overall goal of the project is
development of a synthetic teammate which is at once functional and
cognitively plausible.

Before beginning the post doc on or after summer 2010 in Mesa, AZ,
interested candidates will need to have completed their doctoral degree. To
start in summer 2010, applications must be submitted in early February,
2010. American citizenship is also required.

For more information, contact Jerry Ball at Jerry.Ball at mesa.afmc.af.mil