[ACT-R-users] FW: Summer Institute on Bounded Rationality 2009

Schooler, Lael schooler at mpib-berlin.mpg.de
Fri Feb 27 09:06:20 EST 2009

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

It is our pleasure to announce the eighth Summer Institute on Bounded
Rationality in Psychology and Economics,
which will take place from July 15 to 22, 2009 at the Max Planck
Institute for Human Development in Berlin.
The objective of the Summer Institute is to introduce graduate students
and young researchers to the study of
bounded, ecological, and social rationality, that is, how people make
decisions when information and time is limited and the future is
uncertain. This year, the evening lecture will be given by Nobel
laureate Reinhard Selten.

Talented graduate students and postdoctoral fellows from around the
world are invited to apply by March 31, 2009.
We will provide all participants with stipends to cover part of their
travel and accommodation expenses. Details on the
Summer Institute and the application process are available at
http://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/SummerInstitute
<http://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/SummerInstitute> .

Please pass on this information to potential candidates from your own
department or institute.

Sincerely,

Gerd Gigerenzer & Vernon Smith