[ACT-R-users] launching the GUI from eclipse

Dan Bothell db30 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed May 21 21:54:31 EDT 2008

--On Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:36 PM -0700 Pete Khooshabeh <khooshabeh at psych.ucsb.edu> wrote:

>> Is it possible to start the GUI from Eclipse. I got the load act-r 6
>> file to work and got my models running. The tutorial I am going
>> through seems to heavily rely on the GUI when explaining the lessons.
>> I tried going through the manual to launch the GUI by:
>> -double clicking the TCL 'Start Environment' EXE
>>
>> i got an error: Not supported in unithread builds
>>
>> thanks,
>> pete

I don't know what Eclipse is, so I can't offer much in
the way of details, but I'll tell you what I can.

To run the ACT-R environment you need to have a Lisp with
multithreading capabilities, but that looks like it's the
non-threaded version of SBCL.  So, it looks to me like
you won't be able to run the environment with the setup
that you have, but if you can change it to use a different
Lisp, like CMUCL or a threaded build of SBCL, then you
should be able to run it.

Dan