[ACT-R-users] Retrieving a Chunk from DM (Module development)

Dan Bothell db30 at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 20 13:47:22 EDT 2008

--On Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:12 PM +0100 Robert Lischke
<robert.lischke at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am currently working on a module for ACT-R and I want it to retrieve
> a chunk from the DM into a buffer (preferably it's own). I am looking
> for a way to do this in Lisp.
>
> Is there a preferred way to do this?
>
> Can I simply use a scheduled call to 'start-retrieval' from the
> declarative-memory module (/core-modules/declarative-memory.lisp)?

The short answer is that there isn't a preferred way to do that
and start-retrieval is specific to the declarative module/retrieval
buffer.

If you provide me with more context as to what you're trying to
accomplish with the module and model (things like why another buffer,
will it use the same activation equation and parameters, do you want
it work in parallel with the existing declarative module, etc) I can
provide more info as to possible solutions.

Dan