[ACT-R-users] ACT-R Workshop 2008 Reminder

Niels Taatgen taatgen at cmu.edu
Mon Jun 23 11:02:23 EDT 2008

ACT-R Workshop 2008

!!!Reminder: One week left to send in your abstract!!!

The ACT-R workshop will take place from Friday July 18 to Sunday July
20. Mornings will be devoted to research presentations, each lasting
about 20 minutes plus questions. Participants are invited to present
their ACT-R research by submitting a one-page abstract with their
registration. Afternoons will feature more research presentations as
well as discussion sessions and instructional tutorials.  Suggestions
for the topics of the tutorials and discussion sessions are welcome.
Friday afternoon will feature a presentation by the invited speaker,
John Laird from the University of Michigan. We expect to wrap up the
workshop at around noon on Sunday.

Admission to the workshop is open to all.  The early registration fee
(before July 1) is $100 and the late registration fee (after July 1)
is $125.  Informal proceedings of past workshops can be found on the
ACT-R web site (http://act-r.psy.cmu.edu/workshops/). Requests for
presentations should be submitted before July 1 to receive full
consideration for inclusion in the workshop program.  A preliminary
program of presentations will be made available in early July.  The
workshop is scheduled to just precede the Cognitive Science conference
which takes place in Washington, D.C. from July 23 to 26. (http://www.cognitivesciencesociety.org/
). Housing and computing facilities will be provided at CMU from July
21 to 23 for workshop participants who wish to stay on to work on
their ACT-R projects and collaborate with other researchers until the
start of Cogsci.

Housing: There are two housing options, one is to stay in the CMU
dorms ($57/night), the other is the Holiday Inn in Oakland (100 LYTTON
AVE) at a rate of $118/night.
If you would like to use the Holiday Inn you have to make the
reservation yourself via the following link:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/sl/1/en/hotel/pitsp?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/6c/1/en/hotelsearchresults

Make sure to type "act" in the "Group code" box when you make the
reservation. This will give you the reduced rate for the workshop. You
can also contact them by phone: (+1) (412) 6826200 Ext: 6116. Make
your reservation at the Holiday before 29 June 2008.

Thirteenth Annual ACT-R Workshop
July 18 to 20, 2008 at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh

Name:
Address:
Tel/Fax:
Email:

Registration fee:

Before July 1: $100  ...

After July 1:  $125  ...

The fee is due upon registration.  Please send checks or money orders
only. Make checks payable to Carnegie Mellon University
We cannot accept credit cards. Non-US participants can pay the
registration fee on Friday morning.

Presentation topic (optional - send a 1 page abstract before July 1st):

                                 HOUSING
                                 =======

Housing is available in CMU dormitories that offer suite-style
accommodations.  Rooms include air-conditioning, a semi-private
bathroom and a common living room for suite-mates.
The rate is $57/night/person, or $28.50 if you share the room with
someone else. Do not send money.
See http://www.housing.cmu.edu for further housing information.

To reserve a room, fill in the dates and select one of the three room

I will stay from ................ to ................

1. ... I want a single room
2. ... I want a double room.  I want to room with ......
3. ... I want a double room.  Please select a roommate of ....... gender
4. ... I will arrange stay at the Holiday Inn or arrange my own housing

ROOM PAYMENT IS DUE UPON CHECK-IN.  DO NOT SEND MONEY.

Send this form to (email or regular mail):

2008 ACT-R Workshop
Psychology Department
Attn: Niels Taatgen
Baker Hall 345B                                 Fax: +1 (412) 268-2815
Carnegie Mellon University                      Tel: +1 (412) 268-2844
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890                       Email: taatgen at cmu.edu

Niels Taatgen - Carnegie Mellon University, Psychology, BH 345B
Also (but not now): University of Groningen, Artificial Intelligence
web: http://www.ai.rug.nl/~niels     email: taatgen at cmu.edu
Telephone: +1 412-268-2815