[ACT-R-users] Production Compilation Module in ACT-R 6

Marcus Heinath marcus.heinath at zmms.tu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 27 14:16:50 EDT 2007

Hello,

I’m looking for some more detailed information about the production
compilation module in ACT-R 6, particularly with regard to the following
questions:

(I) What are the dependencies between those parameters?

- initial experience
- initial-efforts
- initial-success
- initial-failures
- production learning rate
- threshold time

(II) What are characteristic value ranges for each parameter (I only know
the default values) and what are their meaning/influence on the simulation?

For example, the initial experience has a default value of 10, so does this
mean that an novice user could be represented by a value of 1 and an expert
user by a value of 20?

(III) Is it possible to define a starting point for the production
compilation, e.g. after a 3x successfully fired sequences of Production 01
and Production 02, they are composed to Production 03?

P01 --> P02
P01 --> P02
P01 --> P02

Production Compilation starts