[ACT-R-users] question - ACT-R's theories about chunk

yongjiaw yongjiaw at engin.umich.edu
Thu Jun 2 10:40:08 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm interested in what is the complete theory about chunk, the
declarative memory units, in ACT-R.
The ACT-R theory is pretty strong about how chunk is retrieved. While,
for other aspects, such as chunk creation and chunk modification, there
seems not to be much resources (I mean mainly the tutorial).
Seems that chunk can only be created via goal buffer, and the visual
module, and there is no further restriction beyond that? Chunk can be
destructively modified in goal buffer as well.
What are the theories about those specifications?
Please direct me to some more detailed document about that.

Thanks a lot.