[ACT-R-users] Question about chunk recall times

John Anderson ja+ at cmu.edu
Tue Dec 20 21:36:14 EST 2005

Rhiannon:

I felt motivated to look at this at home without my stat books in
hand:  As much as this is discussed it is in the Appendix of Chapter
3.  Looking at this it seems to me that the claim is that the Gumbel
(or double exponential as I have since learned to call it) is related
to the Weibull by this transformation.    Now, one potential for
confusion is the Gumbel is not really the activation distribution but
an approximation as discussed in that Appendix.  And I think as you
assert, it is conditional on the chunk being chosen.

However, overlooking this detail, it still seems to me at home that
Gumbel is related to the Weibull as claimed.   However, I would be
more than happy if you could show me how to better present this in
future efforts or indeed show me otherwise.  I am just upstairs.  I
was hoping your efforts would improve my education.

--John