[ACT-R-users] Generation of declarative chunks

Dan Bothell db30 at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 6 23:54:03 EST 2004

--On Saturday, February 07, 2004 2:06 AM -0200 Estevão Bittar
<estevaobittar at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I`m now modeling a task where ACT-R needs, based on a visual object
> perceived in a window, create a declarative chunk that must be retrieved
> later, in order to generate an especific answer to a question. How could
> I do that?

If you haven't been through the ACT-R tutorial on our web site I recommend
that you go through it.  There are two accepted mechanisms for creating new
chunks within a model.  The first is that the perceptual chunks generated
by the visual and aural buffers are declarative chunks which can be
retrieved
later.  The other is through the generation of new goal chunks.  That
mechanism
is discussed and demonstrated in unit 4 of the tutorial.

Dan