[ACT-R-users] ACT-RPM using web pages?

Frank E. Ritter ritter at ist.psu.edu
Thu Mar 20 12:28:52 EST 2003

At 12:23 -0400 20/3/03, Bonnie E. John wrote:
>Does anybody have ACT-RPM interacting with web pages? I've talked
>with Rob Reeder already, but he didn't use PM.
>Thanks, Bonnie

we have act-r/pm with segman interacting with unmodified tcl/tk
programs of 10 telephones and with a java driving game.  segman
parses the bitmaps, and passes the objects to /pm.    This work is
reported in the Shah paper I posted, and in an MSc thesis underway,
and in a draft paper we're revising for resubmission.

web pages would be more tricky, but theoretically are possible now,
using any browser.  it would take a day to a three months to get
something working well, depending on your programmer and what you
mean as 'well'.

I infer that Pirolli has been doing something like this.

Cheers,

Frank