Post-doc position

Cleotilde Gonzalez conzalez at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 2 17:17:51 EDT 2001

person.

Thank you

Coty
--
Cleotilde Gonzalez
Carnegie Mellon University
Social and Decision Sciences
5000 Forbes Ave. Porter Hall 223C
Pittsburgh PA 15213
tel: (412) 268-6242
fax: (412) 268-6938

-----

Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) invites applications for a Postdoctoral
fellowship position in the area of cognitive modeling.  This position is
funded by the Army Research Laboratories under the "Advanced Decision
Architectures" cooperative agreement.  Our project, entitled "Cognitive
Process Modeling and Measurement" intends to build cognitive models of
decision making and learning in real-time tasks.  Our project is currently
funded for 5 years with a possible extension of 3 years.

The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Cognitive
Science or equivalent with a strong LISP programming background and
experience with ACT-R.  We require working knowledge of programming
languages, including but not limited to LISP, C++, or Prolog.  Cognitive
modeling experience is desired, but not required.  We expect candidates to
have strong research interests in all facets of cognitive modeling.

Fellows are expected to conduct this research in collaboration with CMU
faculty members and other partner institutions in the alliance team.  The
main duty of the post-doctoral fellow is to design, implement and refine
cognitive models of decision makers in complex environments.  Examples of
real-time dynamic environments are: traders in financial markets, pilots in
combat situations, doctors in emergency rooms, air-traffic controllers,
managers in complex manufacturing settings, etc.  Other responsibilities
include creating performance measures and tools for validation of model
performance and support of empirical testing with actual decision makers.

Appointment will pay highly competitive rates based on background and
experience.  Anticipated start date is October 1, 2001.  Applicants should
send curriculum vitae, relevant journal articles, a letter of research
interests, and three reference letters to: Dr. Cleotilde Gonzalez, Social
and Decision Sciences, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213.  Electronic applications are encouraged.  Please send
electronic documents (Word, Pdf) to: conzalez at andrew.cmu.edu.