Cognitive Modeling Position at CMU

Ken Koedinger koedinger at cmu.edu
Fri Feb 16 12:19:56 EST 2001

Our Pittsburgh Advanced Cognitive Tutor Center (PACT) has a Cognitive
Modeling position open.  This position would be involved in creating
Cognitive Tutors for mathematics that are being used by real students
in local middle schools.  The grant funding this project comes from
our local spin-off company, Carnegie Learning, Inc.

If you are interested or know someone who might be, please let me
know or have them contact me.

We are ideally looking for someone with LISP programming experience
and some AI and/or Cognitive Science experience.  But strong
programmers with an interest in cognitive modeling, HCI, or
educational technology are encouraged to apply.

Thanks,
Ken Koedinger, Al Corbett, John R. Anderson
Codirectors of the PACT Center

Kenneth R. Koedinger, Associate Professor
Human-Computer Interaction Institute
Carnegie Mellon University                  Phone:  412-268-7667
5000 Forbes Avenue                          Fax:    412-268-1266
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3891                   koedinger at cs.cmu.edu

Home page:  http://act.psy.cmu.edu/ACT/people/koedinger.html