random production firing

Niels Taatgen niels at tcw2.ppsw.rug.nl
Tue Mar 9 03:29:44 EST 1999

Jim Davies wrote:

> I have 2 productions that I want to fire at random. That is, approximately
> 50% of the time p1 fires, and 50% of the time p2 fires.

1. make sure rational analysis is on:

(sgp :era t) ; put this somewhere at the start of your model

2. there is no noise on P itself, put on the total expected gain. Just give
it some value

(sgp :era t :egs 0.05)  ; put this somewhere at the start of your model

This will give you a 50% probability of each rule firing, if both productions
have the same expected gain (which they have if you do not change their
parameters or put  on parameters learning).

Niels Taatgen
Technische Cognitiewetenschap/Cognitive science & engineering
Grote Kruisstraat 2/1, 9712 TS Groningen, Netherlands
050-3636435 / +31503636435
niels at tcw2.ppsw.rug.nl  http://tcw2.ppsw.rug.nl/~niels