Schema-based models?

Benjamin A Maclaren maclaren+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 11 15:10:00 EDT 1999

Are there papers on schema-based models in ACT-R 4.0, preferably with a
model I could check out?  I am assuming that these involve a "schema
activation" phase and then a goal driven phase to try to instantiate a
retrieved schema.

I remember Wayne Gray is doing some stuff with schema instantiation.
Wayne, is this model (or parts of it?) availble for dissecting?

I am interested in using this for understanding algebra word problems.

I am also interested in what other ACT-R 4.0 parsers there are out there,
preferably with a real semantic component, but just syntax is fine too.

Thanks,
Ben