ACT-R for PC

Daniel J Bothell db30+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 29 11:58:40 EST 1998

\begindata{text, 8759}
\textdsversion{12}
\template{messages}
Excerpts from mail: 29-Oct-98 ACT-R for PC by Troy Kelley at hel4.arl.mil

> Could you tell me if ACT-R for Windows will run with the newer version

> of Allegro - version 5?  Your web site says that you need version 3.0.2,

> but the company no longer supports that version and it might be

> difficult for me to obtain.

    Since I am the current maintainer of the environment for Windows

I will let everyone know where things stand currently.  Plain ACT-R will

run in any version of ACL, but the environment requires ACL 3.0.2, it

will not run under ACL 5.  A new version of the environment that will

run in ACL 5 should be ready by the end of the year.  At that time, we

should also have a stand-alone version that runs under Windows without

requiring ACL (of course the stand-alone version will not have all of

the functionality of ACL).

    When the new version becomes available I will announce it to the

mailing list.   If you have any changes you would like to see made for

the new version, or bugs to report in the old version, please send them

to me (db30 at andrew.cmu.edu).

Thank you,

Dan
\enddata{text, 8759}